Because of its immersive dimension, Virtual Reality inaugurates a new exploration in creative interaction and art. This summer school will propose an introduction to dance, music and painting application with Virtual Reality interfaces. The students will have the opportunity to understand what are the challenges and tools to go further in experiencing presence and immersion in virtual environments. They will be able to use a HMD (Occulus, HTC Vive), a four walls immersive room (CAVE), and tracking systems.
- to explore, design and implement creative and innovative interactions in virtual, augmented and mixed environments.
- to understand specific user’s needs for dance, music and painting in virtual environments using a CAVE or a HMD
- to build an intuitive experience, with appropriate tools to quickly prototype a 3D environment and design the entire flow of interactions
- to follow well-known principles in 3D UI: guidance and assistance
- to acquire a cultural basis on digital art experience in virtual/augmented reality
Technico-cultural outings each wednesday and saturday
- One day in Paris : Art Museum Beaubourg, Eiffel Tower visit and concert at La maison de Radio France
- One day in Lille : Art Museum La Piscine and free visit of Lille center (typical historic city)
- One day in Paris : Cite de la musique Philharmonie de Paris, and Paris festival de Jazz (Vincennes) Program Taught in English / Designed to international students
Technico-cultural outings: three cultural outings will be organized in Compiegne
Bachelor or master degree in Computer sciences
Good skills in programming in C++/C#
This summer school course allows the student to obtain 4 ECTS credits. Final grade is calculated from three exams/projects, with the following breakdown: • Theoretical knowledge examination (1 h, multiple choice quiz) (30%) • Discovery report (1-2 pages) (10%) • Supervised team project on virtual reality (60%)
More information and Application procedure on the UTC website www.utc.fr, https://www.utc.fr/international/ecoles-internationales-institutionnelles-eei.html Deadline applications must be received by May 30, 2017
Cost 1250€* including accommodation into the Compiègne Business University Residence * Scholarships are possible