Call for Special Sessions Proposals
8th International Conference on Affective Computing & Intelligent Interaction
3rd-6th September, 2019
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Affective Computing aims at the study and development of systems and devices that use emotion, in particular in human computer and human robot interaction. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science.
The organising committee of the 2019 Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) is now inviting for special session proposals. Interested parties will need to provide sufficient evidence in support of their proposed special session topic explaining why it deserves distinct focus, how it relates to the theme of the conference “Affective Computing for ALL” (focus on inclusive technology, inclusive design principles and inclusive user interfaces which “consider the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender, age and other forms of human difference). It should demonstrate that there is sufficient interest to attract papers on this topic.
Once accepted, the organizers of the special session will be expected to attract sufficient papers to make up one session, 1hr 40min, at the conference even after a rigorous peer review of submissions. Note, if a special session fails to receive an adequate number of accepted papers, the special sessions will be canceled and the accepted papers will be included in regular sessions. Also, at least one of the special session organizers will be expected to attend the conference.
Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF via email to Jean-Claude Martin and Mohammad Soleymani.
Your proposal should contain the following items:
- Title of the session
- Rationale of the need for the Special Session at ACII 2019. The rationale should stress the novelty of the topic and how it relates to the theme of the conference: Affective Computing for ALL
- Potential candidates for submission
- Potential structure of session i.e., oral, posters, mix of oral and poster, or other structure relevant for the special session
- Short biography of the organizers
Review Process of Special Session Submissions
Papers will be treated as regular papers from both the perspective of the review process and of the proceedings (e.g., length, timeline). The special session will have its own keyword and session organizers will be asked to nominate reviewers.
Key Dates for Special Session Proposal
- Submission of Special Session proposals: November 15, 2018
- Notification of acceptance for the Special Sessions: December 7, 2018
- Paper Submission to the accepted Special Sessions Deadline: April 12, 2019 (regular paper submission deadline)
- Notification of acceptance for the papers: 14 June, 2019
- Camera ready papers due: 12 July, 2019
Special Session Contacts
Please forward any questions about special sessions to the special session chairs:
Jean-Claude Martin and Mohammad Soleymani.